Best Carpet Cleaning In Boulder, CO 80302, How to Get Tomato Sauce Out of Your Carpet
Call 303-530-0646. Quality Carpet Cleaning and Oriental Rug Washing. Plus Tile and Grout Floors and Upholstery Cleaning in Boulder County.
From goodhousekeeping.com. For more articles like this, go to Cleancare Articles.
What you'll need:
Clean white cloths
Nylon or horsehair brush
1. Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cool water.
2. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.
3. Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears or is no longer absorbed into the cloth.
5. If the stain remains, mix one tablespoon of ammonia (Caution: Never mix chlorine bleach and ammonia - the resulting fumes are hazardous) with 1/2 cup of cool water.
6. Sponge the stain with the ammonia solution.
7. Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
8. Sponge with cold water and blot dry.
9. If stain persists, mix oxy clean as directed and pour into spray bottle. spray affected area and lightly brush into carpet. Al;low 15 minutes for oxygen to work.
10). Blot until liquid is absorbed and then spnge with cold water and blot dry.
Note: If tomato sauce has been allowed to dry or has been on carpet for awhile, artificial red dyes(not from tomatoes) in sauce may have set into carpet fibers. Not to fear... at Cleancare, we can remove artificial dye stains 90% of the time and we do make spot cleaning calls! Give us a call today at: 303-530-0646.