How To Clean Vomit Out pf Carpet.
You will need:
· 2-3 old towels
· A plastic garbage bag
· Baking Soda
· Ivory liquid solution and cleaning cloths (only if the carpet gets stained)
· Vacuum cleaner
1. Scoop up the solid bits with a big, absorbent towel.
I use a beach towel. BIG and ABSORBENT are key because you can wrap everything up in the towel and throw it straight in the washer. If there are a lot of solids, dump what you can in the toilet -- but usually the washer will take care of the worst of it. Throw towel #1 in the plastic bag.
2. With a second towel, blot the big, wet spots.
The more pressure, the more the towel will suck up moisture. Throw towel #2 in the plastic bag.
3. Only if the vomit leaves a stain, saturate the stain with Ivory liquid solution, and clean as directed.
It's rare that we need to do this. Throw the cleaning cloths into the plastic bag.
4. Sprinkle the wet spot with baking soda. See video.
Use more than you think you need to, and press it into the carpet with the corner of a towel. This will neutralize any smell. I keep a big box of baking soda on hand just for cleaning purposes.
5. Throw all the dirty laundry in the washer.
You'll be so glad you did this right away. If you don't have a washer, you've got everything sealed up in a plastic bag, ready for the laundromat.
6. Let the spot dry, then vacuum.
I've left the baking soda overnight with no problems.
7. Polish your parenting medal.
You know, the one you were awarded the last time you did this?