How To Remove Bad Pet Urine Odor From Carpet in Superior, CO 80027. (part 2)
1) Clean the surface where the severe urine odor contamination exists.
· Heavy urine contamination can get into a porous sub-floor like cement or wood. These surfaces are difficult to clean or even treat with a typical deodorizer. Its easier and more economical to simply seal the surface with a physical sealant to create a sealant barrier. Allow sealant to dry.
· Place a sheet of plastic over the sealed sub-floor. Thick enough to prevent any moisture from getting to the sub-floor.
· Lay carpet on top of plastic and saturate the affected areas with an acetic acid solution (vinegar). The dilution is 2 ounces of acetic acid to 32 ounces of hot water. Enough solution needs to be applied to reach all the contamination. Apply enough to recreate the "crime". The purpose is to liquefy the urine salts so they can be rinsed away.
· Remove as much of the acetic acid solution as possible. Use an extraction machine such as a "wet/dry vac" or professional carpet cleaning equipment. Particularly useful for this task is a special water extraction tool called a Water Claw or Flash Extractor. Designed for deep extraction, this tool is available to the carpet cleaning industry. WE use this tool practically every day at Cleancare of Boulder.
2) Apply a suitable deodorizer to eliminate any remaining urine odor.
· The most popular types of deodorizers for urine odor are enzyme based and oxygen based. Enough chemical must be applied to completely wet out the contaminated areas. Follow the manufacturer's directions for proper results.
· Allow the deodorization treatment to run its course and eliminate any odor before proceeding to the next step.
· With severe urine odor contamination, treatment may need to be repeated.
3) Reinstall padding and carpet.
· Remove the plastic sheet from under the carpet, reinstall new padding and tack-less strips. Reinstall the carpet. Skip this step if carpet installation is a glue down.
4) Clean face fiber of carpet.
· Deodorizers can leave a residue which should be cleaned to return the carpet to a softer, healthier condition. Clean with an alkaline cleaning solution (pH 9-10), blot or wet vac to remove as much moisture as possible and allow carpet to dry. For professional pet odor removal, try Cleancare of Boulder where you'll get thorough cleaning that dries faster ans stays clean longer.